Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall has arrived!

It's official! Fall has arrived!

Although we have seen signs of its impending arrival for a couple weeks now...

some trees are really turning color and balding quickly..

Others are taking their time....
When fall arrives and there is a chill in the air, I start wearing socks to bed!
Maybe it is time to put away the flip flops!

That photo reminds me of picture books that I read as a girl of Japanese women wearing wooden shoes with socks with the same kind of toe strap. Mine don't looks as glamorous.

No sewing today! I spent a good deal of time working on stumbling through our new accounting program. In my former life, I was a health care professional! Who would have guessed I would be doing accounting?! Sugarbaby came home from school early too! Sore throat! UGH.

Will visit my sewing room tomorrow for sure!




9 comments:

  1. You are NOT wearing socks to bed already!!!! OMG I'd wake up in a hug sweat!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love wearing socks to bed...then menopause kicked in!! I spend half the night with my feet hanging out of the bed...!! LOL.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I see the word MEOW in the picture?

    No socks on my feet in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's good I live in the South. Socks and I don't get along. Great fall photos... keep them coming so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I've been known to wear my flip flops like that too, and I think of little Chinese girls who wear them like that. Silly us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it may be time to put the flip flops away LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. while you are putting your flip flops away-we are getting ours out-though we call them thongs over here! And Spring is in all her glory here-love your autumn trees:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Autumn comes for you, our Spring is here - cool nights too, but lovely flowers while you have the gorgeous leaves. They are my 2favourite seasons. Happy sewing tomorrow - I'm going to try one of Ric Rac's racing snails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! looks like my daughter going to school today. Shorty pants on with knee high socks over lapping up over her knees. I dread winter.

    ReplyDelete